Posted: Wednesday, 20 November 2013 1:32PM

Kitchen Fire Damages Rental Property



A Tuesday afternoon kitchen fire has damaged a Dennison home.
 
Dennison Firefighters responded to a house fire at 636 North First Street around 2:40 p.m.  The tenant, Heaven Hepner, was able to escape the home and call 911. Dennison Fire Chief Dave McConnell says the department was able to contain the fire within about 20 minutes.
 


 
Chief McConnell says the cause of the fire was determined accidental from a cloth being too close to a lit gas stove.
 
Fire damages were contained to the kitchen, but Chief McConnell says smoke damage was throughout the home.
 


 
While the owner of the home, Colt McMorrow of Uhrichsville, did have insurance on the home, the tenant, Hepner, was not carrying renter’s insurance. The American Red Cross is assisting her and her 3 children, who were at school during the time of the fire.
 
Smith Ambulance and Uhrichsville Fire Department also assisted at the scene. 

WTUZ Radio Inc. Copyright 2013
Filed Under :  
Topics : Disaster_Accident
Social :
Locations : Uhrichsville
People : Dave McConnellHeaven Hepner
Title :
Comment :
99.9FM WTUZ
Archive